Ten Holiday Shopping Personal Safety and Security Tips to Remember
Holiday Shopping season is rapidly approaching with Black Friday holiday season nearly upon us. As we start the never-ending sprint to complete all our holiday shopping tasks, it’s important to remember you can never be too careful, prepared, or aware. To help you steer clear of danger, here are ten holiday shopping safety rules for you and your family to remember this joyous time of year.
- Always be aware of your immediate surroundings as you approach or leave your vehicle
- Don’t approach your car alone if there are suspicious people in the area
- Park as close as you can to your destination and be sure to note where you parked
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lit area – avoid parking in areas that do not have lights
- Keep all of your car doors locked and your windows closed while in or out of your car. Be sure to set your alarm or use an anti-theft device if you have one
- Try to avoid driving alone or at night
- Never carry large amounts of cash. If you must, put it in your front pocket and try not to display it when paying for things at the register.
- Never leave gifts or anything of value visible inside your vehicle.
- Never put your purse in the trunk before entering a store. It doesn’t work, and thieves watch for you to do this in parking lots. It’s better to take the purse with you and carry it safely.
- Do not leave your car unoccupied with the motor running or with children or pets inside
Keeping You, Your Family and Your Home Safe and Secure is What We’ve Been All About for Over Forty Years…Security Specialists!