Memorial Day Covid-19 Safety Tips to Keep Your Secure This Memorial Day!
With the weather heating up and the Memorial Day weekend just around the corner, many of us will be seeking an escape from our covid-19 (coronavirus) quarrantine and heading outdoors. To keep your family safe outdoors during the pandemic this holiday, here are several safety tips to remember:
- Wear a Mask – While many of us are anxious to picnic, sunbath or grill, it’s important to wear masks.
- Maintain a Safe Distance (Six Feet) from Others – whenever possible practice social distancing to prevent spreading the virus.
- FrequentlyWash Your Hands if Soap and Water are Available – if not, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol.
If You’re Grilling:
- Never leave a barbecue grill unattented, as grilling fires cause more than 10,000 home fires on average each year.
- Never grill in an enclosed area, including houses, campers or tents.
- Always place the grill in a safe place away from anything flammable.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill.
- Use caution and read the directions prior to using starter fluid.
If You’re Swimming:
- Follow the guidance of state and local officials. Make sure the area is designated for swimming.
- Maintain social distancing, both in and out of the water, between you and people who don’t live with you.
- Continue to wear face coverings on land, especially when physical social distancing is difficult.
- Do not wear masks or face coverings in the water as it may be difficult to breathe.
- Don’t share goggles, nose clips, snorkels or other personal items.