Ten Personal Safety & Security Tips to Remember This Holiday Season
As the mad rush of another holiday season is upon us and we start the never-ending sprint to complete all our holiday tasks, it’s important to remember you can never be too careful, prepared or aware. To help you steer clear of danger, here are ten basic common-sense safety rules for you and your family to remember this joyous time of year. or drawer.
- Try to avoid driving alone or at night
- Always be aware of your immediate surroundings as you approach or leave your vehicle
- Don’t approach your car alone if there are suspicious people in the area
- Always try to locate your keys prior to going to your car
- Keep all of your car doors locked and your windows closed while in or out of your car. Be sure to set your alarm or use an anti-theft device if you have one
- If you must shop at night, park in a well-lit area – avoid parking in areas that do not have lights
- Avoid parking next to vans, trucks with camper shells, or cars with tinted windows
- Park as close as you can to your destination and be sure to note where you parked
- Do not leave your car unoccupied with the motor running or with children or pets inside
- Do not leave packages or valuables on the seat of your car. This creates a welcome sign for thieves. If you must leave something in the car, lock it in the trunk or put it out of sight
Keeping You and Your Home Safe and Secure is What We’ve Been All About for Nearly Forty Years…Security Specialists!